No one understand me, because I love doing laundry. It is hands down my very favorite household chore. I love separating the colors, whites go here, dark colors here and jeans in this one and so on and so on. It really appeals to the side of me that wants to go all out with the organization and order, and that little voice in my head that is, clearly, a type a personality. I enjoy it! Truly, I do but don't ask me to explain why, because I really can't. All I know is that I have always enjoyed some household tasks, and laundry is among them. Dusting is another favorite of mine, as well as organizing my bathroom and vacuuming. Which is why I just about flipped out when I found Charlie Soap!
Charlie Soap is a laundry detergent that you use in the wash, it comes in powder or liquid, and it is actually good for your clothes. It's good for the environment as well! It is a biodegradable product, but it's so affordable that even the most frugal of housewives couldn't deny that it is hands down your best laundry option! I'm a laundry detergent snob, I generally only use liquid, and I'll be honest, I was a little bit afraid of powder detergent. Why? Because I had heard horror stories about the powder not dissolving in the wash and people getting their clothing out of the washer and it having clumps all over. So, since I try as much as I possibly can to do as much as I possibly can to leave the smallest carbon footprint possible, I don't want to have to go back and do an entire load over again. I am very impressed with the powder detergent that I got from Charlie Soap. I'll give you a few reasons why I simply adore this laundry detergent:
- It removes 100% of Grease, Mildew and Red Clay!
- It removes around 98% of Grass, Blood and Pine sap!
- It removes over 95% of Tar and Ketchup!
- It is 100% Hypo-Allergenic! As you can see here!
- "To qualify as biodegradable, a substance must be 80% degraded in 28 days. Charlie's Soap degraded over 97% in soil in 28 days and is certified safe for use in small lakes and streams."
- You only have to use 1 Tablespoon of laundry powder or 1/8th of a cup of laundry liquid for a large wash load!
- You can use it to clean your washer!
I am very literally amazed by this product! I'll admit that I was skeptical that a tablespoon of laundry detergent would get the stains on my babies clothes and my husbands work clothes out. After I used to to clean our washing machine, to remove all of the residue left by other detergents, and I got my first load out of the washer to put them in the dryer I looked them over and realized that the stains appeared to be gone. After I got them out of the dryer and began to put them away is when I was really starting to be convinced that Charlie Soap was the best laundry detergent that I had ever used. It got out all the stains in my husbands work clothes, which had been stained with blood from a cut he had gotten, tar and a bit of blue paint. After a few more squeaky clean loads of laundry washed with Charlie Soap, I really don't see myself ever using another detergent. Because not only does it work like a dream, it's also one of the most cost affective options I've ever come across. I love it because it is an eco-friendly laundry detergent, and because it makes my clothes softer and gets out some heavy duty stains as well!
I also got to test out the Charlie Soap All Purpose Cleaner. It's an amazing, non-toxic, biodegradable cleaner, but it's also a tough stain and grime fighter. It's seriously the Mohammad Ali of cleaning products, and it packs a powerful punch! Personally I love it because it's non-toxic and I can use it on my babies toys and on Jagger's highchair, walker and jump-a-droo without having to worry, which means that not only is Mama happy, but Mama likey! I'm not the only one who's fond of it in this house though, because it can clean machinery and tools, removing everything from pitch to grease to even tar from machinery, tools and hands, which means that Big Daddy is happy too! My oldest son, Aiden loves to help me clean. He's a little OCD case, as early as 12 months old when milk would spill out of his sippy cup my son would go into his bedroom, get in his dresser or closet and get a (clean!) shirt or blanket out and bring it in the living room to clean up his own spill. Now, at almost 4 years old, he still loves to clean up after himself, his little brother and his friends that come over, but since he is getting older he can help Mommy with other stuff. Since this cleaner is non-toxic I'm not afraid to pour some into Aiden's very own little spray bottle and let him clean off the end tables and the dressers with it while I'm cleaning the house.
You can buy a 2.64 pound jar of Charlie Soap powder detergent for only $15.78 and it's enough for 80 loads, which averages out to about twenty cents per load of laundry. If you prefer liquid laundry detergenteco-friendly laundry detergent in various sizes you can also take your pick between these two cleaning kits. The first green cleaning kit includes 80 loads worth of their amazing laundry powder, a full size all purpose cleaner in a handy spray bottle, a smaller "emergency" spray bottle of the amazing all purpose cleaner, a gallon jug of the all purpose cleaner to refill your spray bottles when you run out and a non-woven reusable grocery tote with the Charlie Soap logo! The second eco-friendly cleaning kit includes 128 loads worth of their wonderful laundry liquid, a small "emergency" spray bottle full of the all purpose cleanser and a gallon jug of the all purpose cleaner and the very cute, very eco-friendly non-woven reusable grocery tote with Charlie Soap logo. Both of the cleaning kits feature free shipping!
- Get a Three Dollar Cotton Tote with any order by using the coupon code ct2010 at checkout!
- You can get a free cotton tote with any order by using the coupon code freetote at checkout!
Do you want to win some free laundry detergent and all purpose cleaner from Charlie Soap? Well here is your chance to do just that! When you enter please remember to leave your e-mail address so that I know how to get in touch with you if you win! Leave a separate entry for each thing you complete, and if it says +2 entries, then that means that you need to leave two separate comments for that entry!
Mandatory Entry: Leave me a comment here telling me what your two favorite and two most dreaded chores are! (you MUST complete this entry to be eligible to receive any bonus entries!!)
- Like Charlie Soap on Facebook!
- Follow Charlie Soap on Twitter!
- Write on Charlie Soap's Facebook Wall telling them that you heard about their products from Ashlee at The Zombie Housewife blog, and that you entered my giveaway for their products! +3
- Follow my Blog via Google Friend Connect!
- Follow me on Twitter!
- Like me on Facebook!
- Follow me on Networked Blogs
- Take my lovely button and put it in your sidebar or blog and link me to where it can be found! +3
- Take my Saturday Six button and put it in your sidebar and link me to where it can be found! +3
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to me here at The Zombie Housewife and Charlie Soap at their website +5
- Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway blogs! +1 for each post you've commented on
- Participate in the Saturday Six, while this giveaway is open +2 for each Saturday that you link up & participate
- Mention this Giveaway and give me a text link back to my blog, on your blog! +3
- Follow me via RSS feed! +2
- E-mail subscribe to my blog! +2
- Tweet about my Giveaway! This can be done once per day!
This giveaway will end on September 8th, 2010! A winner will be declared within the week using Random.org, and I will e-mail the winner, who will then have 72 hours to get back to me before I choose another winner!
I did not receive financial compensation for this review. I was sent a product to test, so that I would be able to give an honest review. My opinions about Charlie Soap eco-friendly laundry detergent are my own honesty opinions and were not influenced by my receiving a product to test